CARIBSS (CARIBBEAN SPELEOLOGICAL SOCIETY) was founded in 2016 on the island of Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands, by a diverse group of dedicated professionals who share a strong passion for different aspects of caves, including exploration, cultural heritage, ecology, geology and recreation, among others.
To ensure that the caves in the Island of Bonaire and the Caribbean and the values they contained are recognized, respected and protected by residents and visitors.
CARIBSS aims to explore, document and preserve the cave systems of the Is land of Bonaire and the Caribbean while ensuring their optimal management, and to serve as a forum where all the different organizations or individuals can share information, projects and initiatives.
The goals of the society are:
- To protect, conserve and restore the natural, cultural, historic. esthetic, recreational and scientific values contained in the cave systems of the Island of Bonaire and Caribbean Region for future generations.
- To ensure that the conservation of these values is given priority in public decision making processes.
- To ensure that residents and visitors to the Caribbean region receive quality education and information about the importance and protection of the values contained in them.
- To promote and ensure that the resources contained in these cave systems are used in a sustainable manner.
- To ensure that human safety is given priority during all cave-related activities.
- ALBUS, Brian Director Bonaire Vista Tours -BONAIRE-
- ARANGO, German Tech/Cave diver Buddy Dive Resort -BONAIRE-
- BEUKENBOOM, Elsmarie Management Specialist Retired -BONAIRE-
- BOSMAN, Lars Tech/Cave diver Buddy Dive Resort -BONAIRE-
- GERBRACHT, Grace Student -USA-
- GERBRACHT, Stephen Student -USA-
- GUTIÉRREZ, Alejandro Director Athoyo Creative Works and Expeditions -BONAIRE-
- HEUSINKVELD, Barbel Director Bonaire Vista Tour -BONAIRE-
- LEVITAN, Brie Tech/Cave diver -USA-
- LOFLIN, Jeff Dive Safety Officer Florida Department of Environmental Protection. -USA-
- MORGAN, David Director Deep Blue -USA-
- NASSAR, Jafet Biologist Venezuelan Institute for Scientific Research (IVIC) -VENEZUELA-
- PEMENT, Michael Full time diver -BONAIRE-
- RODRÍGUEZ, Yago Tech/Cave diver -MEXICO-
- SIMAL, Fernando Co-Managing Director WILDCONSCIENCE -BONAIRE-
- STELTEN, Ruud Director Terramar Museum -BONAIRE-
- VAN DER POLS, Peter Managing Director Falck Emergency Netherlands -THE NETHERLANDS-
- VARGAS SALAZAR, Tamanaé Director Koralie Undersea Experiences -BONAIRE-
- WILDCONSCIENCE BV –BONAIRE-
For all legal purposes, CARIBSS is an Association legally formed and registered on Bonaire’s chamber of commerce under register number: 9624